The Crane Theater is mainly available for rentals on a weekly basis for performance use. We also are available for meetings, parties, film screenings, lectures...the possibilities are endless. Curious if your event will work in our space? Just drop us a line to find out.
We do NOT have rehearsal space available at this time
For events, we do NOT have a catering kitchen or foodservice capabilities (we have a fridge and a coffee pot, but currently no cooking facilities).
The Crane has two separate performance spaces that can operate simultaneously, with shared lobby space and restrooms.
Our mainstage theater currently seats 80. Rental rate for 2018 is $1200/week with a $600 deposit required upon contract signing. General specifications:
- Stage size is approx. 36'w x 30'd
- Lightly sprung floor
- Grid height 22'
- Ample backstage and dressing room areas
- Rental includes full inventory of theatrical lighting instruments and digital sound system. Video equipment available upon request.
Crane LGM Studio
The LGM Studio is an intimate black box space intended for smaller productions and events. A simple room with a flexible performance area, seating around 40 audience members, the Studio is the perfect room for productions not quite ready to fill the mainstage, staged readings, and other events.
2018 rental rate: $600/week with a $300 deposit required upon contract signing. General specifications:
- Room size is approx. 37'd x 19'w
- Lightly sprung floor
- Grid height 14'
- Separate backstage/dressing room area
- Rental includes small LED lighting system, Element console, and basic sound system. Video equipment available upon request pending use in the mainstage
Rentals do NOT include:
- Access to scene shop area or tools
- Consumables such as tape, gel, etc
- Stock set pieces
Rental of set pieces, props, or costumes may be available by separate arrangement. All renters are expected to provide their own tools and supplies.
Rental does NOT include staff technician time. Renters are welcome to bring their own staff, technicians, designers, etc, but must demonstrate that all individuals are properly trained in the use of specific equipment. Damage to any Crane equipment will be the sole responsibility of renters.
The Crane does have a call list of designers/technicians/board ops that may be available to hire.
For more information and inquiries about availability, please contact Liz Neerland at email@example.com